marți, 4 decembrie 2012



~Author Interview~

1. Hello, Karey! Can you tell us something about you and your book "For What It's Worth"? 
I'm a wife and mom. My first love is my family. I have ten younger brothers and sisters so life was always pretty interesting. I like to cook, travel, sew, read and spend time with my family. For What It's Worth is a sweet romance about a girl with big hopes and dreams.

2. When have you decided that you want to be a writer?
I decided in junior high and high school that I wanted to write. I remember reading some of the things I'd written in class and having people respond in a favorable way. I loved how my choice of words could excite people. It was thrilling.

3. Where do you find your inspiration fo your novels? (If it’s not a secret) Have you ever found it in your real life? 
My inspiration comes from various places. For What It's Worth definitely came about because of my own experiences owning a wedding cake shop, although Abby ran her business very differently than I did.

4. Does any of your fictional character ressembles you? 
There are bits and pieces of me in several of my characters. There are also character traits from my children that I use.

5. Wich book is the first one that you’ve read? 
The first chapter book I remember reading was Champion Dog, Prince Tom. It was about a little Cocker Spaniel, the runt of the litter, who went on to win all kinds of dog show awards. I don't know why I was so fascinated with that book, but I remember reading it several times.

6. Do you have a favorite book? 
I have lots of favorite books. I love East of Eden by John Steinbeck and Spring Came On Forever by Bess Streeter Aldrich

7. If you were about to leave in a trip wich book would you take with you? 
I'd probably take a few books with me. I'd want a sweet romance, something suspenseful and maybe a little scary, and something nonfiction--maybe a memoir or a book about history.

8. Tell us one thing you’d like to change at people from nowadays. 
I wish we could all slow down a little and live more in the moment. I'd also like to ban all electronics for a couple of hours each day so we eliminate all the distractions and learn how to be comfortable with quiet and thinking.

9. Is there a moment in your life you’d like to live again? 
I'd like to relive the day before I was married and my wedding day. This time I'd like to worry less about the details and soak in the joy and beauty of the day.

10.Do you have a message for romanian readers? Why would you recommend your book? T
he message I'd give to Romanian readers is the same message I'd give to all readers. Read what you love. Read what touches your heart and inspires you. I think my books have relateable characters and challenges that make us think about our own lives.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu